Reimbursement Workshop for PAs and NPs in Hospital Medicine
Get expert direction on reimbursement for PAs and NPs in hospital medicine, with a particular focus on Medicare compliance. Reimbursement rules and regulations are complex. Meanwhile, federal fraud prevention programs focus greater scrutiny on medical record documentation for both inpatient and outpatient claims. Billing methodologies vary widely among payers, creating challenges for calculating a PA’s or NP’s productivity and overall contribution to the practice. Topics to be covered include billing concepts for Medicare’s “incident-to” and “s hared visit” billing, consultations, observation services, and critical care services.
Educational ObjectivesAt the conclusion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Review Medicare billing and reimbursement policies for services provided by PAs and NPs in the hospital setting
- Describe clinical scenarios encountered by PAs/NPs and collaborating physicians and apply
- Medicare billing rules for submission of proper claims for professional services provided
- Mitigate risk and avoid allegations of fraud and abuse
- Discuss current trends in federal enforcement activity implicating billing for services provided by PAs/NPs and collaborating physicians
AAPA offers no returns or refunds for online CME activities purchased through the AAPA store. All sales are final.