JAAPA CME Post-Test October 2023
A Clinical Review of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) often are overlooked or misinterpreted, but without treatment, patients are at increased risk for potentially life-threatening conditions including stroke and heart failure. Clinician awareness of the risk factors for and treatment of OSA can prevent the development or progression of these complications in patients.
- Define OSA
- Correlate OSA pathophysiology to complications of untreated disease
- Identify risk factors for OSA and indications for a sleep study
- Describe treatments for OSA, including considerations for specific patient populations
Managing Hospitalized Patients With COVID-19
Treatment for COVID-19 has significantly changed since the beginning of the pandemic and continues to change as new evidence is published. This activity describes which COVID-19 patients require hospitalization and how to manage hospitalized patients based on current evidence from randomized clinical trials.
- Describe when a patient with COVID-19 needs to be hospitalized
- Discuss treatments for hospitalized patients with COVID-19
- Outline clinical trial results for treatments used for hospitalized patients with COVID-19
AAPA offers no returns or refunds for online CME activities purchased via the AAPA store. All sales are final.