This is an 8 hour training course for physicians and physician assistants who wish to prescribe buprenorphine to treat opioid use disorder (OUD). This training will satisfy the 8 hour training requirement mandated by the MATE Act.
At the conclusion of this activity, learners should be able to:
- Review addiction identification and evidence-based treatments
- Discuss the pharmacology of opioids as it relates to treatment of opioid use disorder (OUD) patients
- Describe the fundamentals of office-based opioid treatment including the treatment of the co-morbid patient
- Explain the process of buprenorphine induction as well as stabilization and maintenance
- Discuss other approved antagonist and agonist medications to treat OUD.
- Discuss basic office protocols including medical record documentation and confidentially
- Utilize evidence-based resources to ensure providers have the confidence to prescribe buprenorphine for patients with OUD