Out of the Shadows: Normalizing the Management of Uterine Fibroids and Endometriosis
This activity aims to help PAs in providing patient-centered care for uterine fibroids and endometriosis. Learners will gain a better understanding of quality of life impacts of these conditions by hearing real patient stories in their own words. Management of patients using GnRH agonists/antagonists is also covered, along with tips and guidance to more confidently talk with patients about their menstrual cycle and its associated impacts.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Review data on prevalence, disease burden and impact on QoL for patients with uterine fibroids and endometriosis
- Describe the latest guidance related to the management of uterine fibroids
- Describe the need for timely diagnosis and early treatment of patients with endometriosis to prevent progressive disease
- Review the current and emerging data related to the use of GnRH antagonists in the management of uterine fibroids and/or endometriosis
- Work collaboratively to empower patients to understand their condition and become stakeholders in the development of individualized treatment plans for uterine fibroids and/or endometriosis
Acknowledgement of Commercial Support
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Pfizer and Myovant Sciences.