Diabetes Leadership Edge: Module 1 - Improving Diabetes Care in Your Practice A System-Based Approach
This interactive module is one of seven designed to prepare PAs to effectively care for patients affected by diabetes and focuses on ways PAs can discover gaps and implement changes that will benefit all patients within the practice with type 2 diabetes and is part of AAPA's curriculum known as Diabetes Leadership Edge.
Learning ObjectivesAt the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Analyze existing practice resources for supporting diabetes care
Determine availability of a registry and other tools to organize patient care data and manage patient care.
- Identify barriers to effective coordination of care among multidisciplinary providers as well as ways to overcome them.
- Design a diabetes care plan consistent with practice resources to follow and support patients to ensure their consistent and regular care and follow-up.
- Incorporate key metrics to monitor quality improvement measures over time.
- Form and lead a multidisciplinary team to manage and coordinate care inside and outside the practice
Integrate patients and families into team.
- Review metrics regularly to monitor and improve performance.