Nutritional Counseling and Developing a Nutrition Plan
This interactive module focuses on how important nutrition is in special populations, review of nutritional supplements, and different approaches to nutritional counseling. This activity is part of AAPA's National Health Priorities Nutrition Toolkit.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Understand the nutritional needs in special populations such as patients with obesity, diabetes, and the elderly
- Include nutritional supplements and other treatment strategies into nutrition plans
- Implement strategies that effectively communicate the importance of nutritional health to patients
- Apply nutritional counseling approaches that incorporate shared decision making
- Construct nutritional plans for patients based on their specific needs including dietary advice and incorporating supplements where appropriate