A Call to Action: Raising Awareness About Nutritional Health
This activity provides a convenient and unique opportunity for clinicians to participate in medical education which focuses on the need for the PA profession to address the critical public health topic of nutrition.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the current state of nutritional assessment and discuss the role of PAs in managing nutritional health in primary care patients
- Incorporate screening and use of appropriate testing for nutritional deficiencies into routine patient care
- Explain basic concepts in nutritional health
- Review the nutritional needs in special populations such as patients with obesity, diabetes, and the elderly
- Review nutritional supplements and other treatment strategies