Webinar - Caring for Patients During the COVID-19 Pandemic
As the leader in developing clinical guidelines and standards in addiction medicine, ASAM takes its responsibility very seriously. Many providers and programs are urgently working to mitigate risks related to COVID-19. ASAM convened a COVID-19 Task Force comprised of national experts recognized in the field of addiction medicine to rapidly develop comprehensive resources tailored to addiction treatment within the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. This webinar will provide an overview of the resources available to help you adjust your practices during this challenging time.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the types of guidance and resources that ASAM has available to help its members
- Describe steps treatment programs can take to protect patients and staff from coronavirus infection while maintaining provision of services
- Explain the national and state challenges providers are dealing with during the COVID-19 emergency
- Recognize patient-centered best practices for improving addiction treatment during the COVID-19 emergency
- Identify ASAM’s recommended guidelines for addiction medicine practices