The Cardiorenal Syndrome (CRS) and New Concepts in Preventing Diabetic Kidney Disease (DKD)
This interactive course is designed to prepare PAs to effectively care for patients affected by diabetes and explores what you can do to help prevent or slow the progression of Diabetic Kidney Disease (DKD). This course is part of AAPA's curriculum know as Diabetes Leadership Edge.
Learning ObjectivesAt the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe pathophysiological factors of DKD
- Outline interconnectivity of diabetes, DKD, and cardiorenal syndrome (CRS)
- Interpret screening results for and classify DKD
- Analyze the results of recent trials as they relate to the treatment of DKD and CRS
- Apply prevention and treatment strategies for DKD