Diabetes Leadership Edge: Module 2 - Overview and Risk Factors and Diagnosis
This interactive module is two of seven designed to prepare PAs to effectively care for patients affected by diabetes and focuses on issues related to identifying patients who are at risk for diabetes and appropriately intervening to manage modifiable risk-factors and is part of AAPA's curriculum known as Diabetes Leadership Edge.
Learning ObjectivesAt the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify practice performance gaps related to the care of patients with diabetes.
- List modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors for type 2 diabetes.
- Formulate a plan to address modifiable risk factors.
- Identify patients with pre-diabetes and formulate a management plan to reverse or slow progression.
- Diagnose type 2 diabetes using current diagnostic criteria.