Fun with Kidneys: The Good, the Bad, and the Iatrogenic
This case-based activity is designed for the PA who is NOT in nephrology and outlines common medications taken by CKD patients, medication errors, and provides an overview of OTC medications that are dangerous for CKD patients.
Educational ObjectivesAt the conclusion of this activity, PAs should be better able to:
- By CKD stage, review common medications taken by CKD patients
- By CKD stage, review common dosing errors and the pathological rationale for medication selection
- Using patient examples, discuss medication errors commonly found for CKD patients
- A quick overview of the OTC meds dangerous for the CKD patient
- AKI on CKD for the non-nephrology practitioner
AAPA offers no returns or refunds for online CME activities purchased via the AAPA store. All sales are final.