Diabetes Leadership Edge: Module 3 - Patient Self-Management and Patient-Centered Care
This interactive module is three of seven designed to prepare PAs to effectively care for patients affected by diabetes and focuses on best practice approaches for integrating self-management education and support in patient-centered clinical practice and is part of AAPA's curriculum known as Diabetes Leadership Edge.
Learning ObjectivesAt the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Health literacy and numeracy
- Current dietary patterns and preferences
- Current levels of physical activity
- Sleep patterns
- Barriers to change, which may include financial status.
- Healthy eating
- Regular exercise
- Proper use of medications
- Monitoring of blood glucose levels