Risk Management CME: Asset Protection and Risk Management for PAs
PAs are healthcare professionals and, as such, are exposed to personal financial liability for alleged medical errors. Malpractice insurance is only part of the solution to protecting the PA’s assets from seizure to satisfy legal obligations to injured
patients. This activity touches on patient safety, standards of practice and ethical means of defending assets to manage personal malpractice risk.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss what assets and liabilities are in defining net worth and how malpractice risk can affect them
- Identify the basic steps of risk management and see examples of everyday application in the clinical environment
- Discuss the value of effective malpractice insurance coverage, but also its limitations in protecting personal assets
- Recognize that every PA retains some risk of malpractice liability regardless of eliminating and avoiding claims through competent practice and transferring some risk through insurance
- Identify the tools available to handle this residual risk
Risk Management CME Bundle
AAPA offers no returns or refunds for online CME activities purchased via the AAPA store. All sales are final.